Which information has to be collected and processed?
There are several types of information, which we gather: personal and non-personal. Both of them may be collected in two ways - directly by the user’s permission or automatically according to his actions in our app. The owner has a right to collect all the data, which is free (for example, your account name on App Store) and which you agree to provide him with. These can be the following things: IP address, operating system version you use, hardware model, mobile ID, network information, name and username, which you use to log in on App Store, age, sex, country and other personal data from open sources.
Furthermore, by purchasing a subscription, the user provides the owner with the information about his credit/debit card and bank account. These facts may be processed by third-party payment providers. Also, if you contact us directly by messaging or sending an email, then we have a right to store all the information from your letter.
For which purposes do we collect your personal data?
The main aim of data gathering is to provide a better service. But anyway, there are several more reasons for us to process or store your personal information. First of all, let us tell in detail, how can we improve our services according to the collected data. The information you provide us with is overly important for correct analytics and statistics, as we can view, which category of people uses our app in most. This helps us to modify and upgrade Astro VPN to make it better and more convenient.
The other reason is in-app advertising. We have to analyse your needs and actions all the time to provide you with the most appropriate discount variants or other special offers. We can also send you marketing messages or emails according to the information we have collected. There is one more reason for data collecting, which we have to mention. We perform this to prevent any harm, which unfaithful users may cause us or our product.
In which cases can we share your data?
The owner has a right to share your personal data in case he was ordered to do so by a court or other official authorities. Nevertheless, we reserve a right to give your personal information to third-party companies, which are responsible for better service providing, for example, technical support. We can also gather and share your data with other services for analytical purposes (to create metrics and view detailed statistics). Another reason for legal data sharing is advertising. This policy you can find below in a separate paragraph.
What are cookies for?
User’s data protection
The application owner is responsible for the user’s data he gathered. He has a right to apply any possible methods to keep it safe and protected. It can be performed in any physical, organizational or digital way. The owner is free to use any necessary third-party services to provide a high level of data protection.
List of permissions required for a proper work of the app
Astro VPN doesn’t require any extra permissions from the user for a correct work of our application. As the result, we don’t have a chance to gather the information, which isn’t needed. The only menu category our app deals with is proxy servers. We don’t ask you to permit the access to something else, as camera, for example.
Platforms we use for distribution
The user has a right to do the following:
- Ask the app owner to provide him with a detailed report, which includes the information about the gathered data.
- Know the way, in which his personal information will be processed, shared and protected.
- Cancel any permissions connected with data usage, which were given before.
- Forbid the owner to process and share user’s personal data. In this case it also will be collected but not used (only stored).
- Complain to reliable and competent authority about any facts of inappropriate data processing, sharing or storing.
- Object any kind of further data usage. This can be done in case, when the app owner performs illegal (or not mentioned in this text) actions related to your personal information.
- Object the information keeping. If you don’t want the owner to store your data, then it can be fully removed or just corrected (in case some facts are non-relevant or true anymore).
Do you need some extra information?